Friday, June 1, 2012

TeraRCBr Looks Back on Life (HR)

TeraRCBr Life Story (HR)

Week 1
My gardeners planted my seed. I soaked up the water in the soil and my embryo started to grow. In a few days I had the beginnings of my roots and stem. Now I am trying to find my way to the light outside of this dark soil.





Week 2
My root system is starting to develop and it is getting more complex because I am getting bigger. It is longer and root hairs are growing on other roots starting from the main root.  My roots are sucking water from soil and feeding it to me. My cotyledons emerge from soil but are covered by the testa (aka: a coat for a seed). I am opening from the soil and am covered by the testa to protect me. Then my cotyledons opened and forced off the testa. They are forcing off the testa because they need some room to have fresh air. I have two heart-shaped cotyledons. My stem is growing taller. The cotyledons are  performing  Photosynthesis.  Photosynthesis is making sugar from energy from the sun and feeding it to the me. It is important because that means I can grow.









Week 3
I'm feeling very antsy. My first true leaves are developing. They are a little small. I am glad that photosynthesis is getting me worked up. Photosynthesis is when I get to feed myself. I am so sad that my cotyledons will not grow any bigger. My cotyledons won't grow any bigger because I am putting more energy to my true leaves. I am happy that my stem is growing bigger and I have flower buds. Some of the flower buds are big and some are small. Some of them are bright yellow and some are light green. I know how to feed myself because of photosynthesis and chloroplasts. I take water, sunlight, and carbon dioxide to make to make sugar which is what I eat.

Week 4
My flower buds are opening up! They are a yellow green color. I got new true leaves and my stem has grown longer. My cotyledons are a brown yellow color I think what is happening is my cotyledons are withering. My flower buds are developing nicely. I like how they look my true leaves are sharp-edged.  I heard some rubbish that my gardener will pollinate my flowers. I thought bees were supposed to do that! HEY this is not attack of the true leaves here! My leaves are taking over and I am way taller. Well at least I get more of my kitchen crew. What I mean by that is they send all the energy to my beautiful body. YAY! My beautiful tall stem is branching out! My leaves are so BIG!!!! They are the wind beneath my wings. I love you true leaves! My flowers look like they are happy where they are. It hurts me to think about when I have to let them and the cotyledons go. I have to let my flower buds go. That makes me sad. I have to let my flowers go because I don’t need them any more. My fruit are growing and the flowers are just taking up all my energy. My stem is getting longer and thinner I feel great when I shoot up it is so cool seeing it. Soon I will come to the end of my life cycle I hope my children are going to end up happy and healthy. Well I am excited about this because it is my next generation to see what will happen to me next.


Week 5
Oh no, both of my cotyledons have shriveled up. Even though I don't need them anymore, I miss my cotyledons. I know how the energy goes to my flowers and fruit but my cotyledons had a bond.  Also I'm kind of excited because I have these happy little green fruits that have popped out. My new true leaves are the darkest things I've ever  seen . My flowers are now white and yellow. I do not think this is a good thing. I think that getting white means that my flowers are at the end of my life cycle. My flowers are white because the attention on me is going to the fruit. There are these glimmering shiny hairs on my stem that reflect back on me.  I think I am going to be getting some fruit. Now my plant is about 200 mm tall. I'm excited because I think I am growing tall and fast. My fruits have these little oval bumpy shapes. They are my seeds that will create the next generation. My carpels are standing tall proud and very visible.  My gardener is a little, well not a little, a lot anxious about me and my flowers turning white and yellow.









Week 6
My carpels have turned into stunning pods! I think the carpels have turned into pods because I am maturing. I am coming to the end of my life cycle.  My stem is starting not to grow anymore. I have lost my lovely margin green color. I have lost all my flowers and my cotyledons have fallen off. My neighbors and I are very nervous. I think this has happened because I am as big as I can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment