Friday, May 25, 2012

16 May Day 36

I’m still alive, but I think I may be getting near the end of my life-cycle. My stem got a little bit longer, it’s now 155 mm tall and it’s covered in tiny hairs. The bottom of my stem seems to be getting lighter in color. I wonder if that is because I’m sending all my energy to my new fruits and seeds. I have a few new leaves. They are dark green with light yellow veins. My old leaves are drooping and turning a sandy yellow-brown color. I have some new flower buds, but I’m not sure if they are going to open.

Even though I’m concerned about the changes in my leaves, my gardener and I are excited about my fruits. My fruits are getting bigger. They are a pretty dark green and look even more like little green beans. The seeds inside the pods seem to be getting bigger and are making bulges on the sides of the pods. My fruits are starting to change color from dark green to a brown-yellow. I’m excited for my seeds to disperse and make new plants.

In my spare time I’ve been thinking about my existence. I’ve never seen my parents, but my gardener’s gardener says that they were grown by last year’s gardeners. My gardener’s gardener says they were healthy and produced many seeds. Soon I will be a “plarent” too!

No comments:

Post a Comment