Friday, May 18, 2012

9 May Day 29

fruit detail
I HAVE GROWN!!! I’m now 148 mm tall!

My flowers have been pollinated and now I have lots of fruit. My fruit look like little green beans. They are getting thicker and bumpy as my seeds develop. My gardener was so excited to see all my fruit. It was like electricity was running through my gardner’s body and I was met with a face with a giant grin.

Since my flowers were pollinated and I’m growing fruit, I don’t need them anymore. I’m letting the petals go so I can send extra energy and nutrients to my developing seeds. I’m sad because my flowers were so beautiful. They were golden-yellow and shaped like magnificent butterflies. I got so much attention from my flowers. Now that they’re gone, I’m getting attention from my fruit. My gardener seems to be proud of me.

My leaves have gotten bigger. The blades are getting darker, but the margins are getting lighter and some of them are curling. The veins on my leaves are turning dark brown. The weight of the leaves seems to be weighing down my petioles and my leaves are starting to droop. My cotyledons have wilted and fallen off. I’m not sure if I should be worried about this or not. What does it mean? Am I dying? My gardener seems a bit anxious about all of this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment